Friday, June 20, 2003

AAAARGH! A BIG, WET, SOPPY AAARRGH!

Here it is, almost to the Solstice, and This Spring of 2003 may possibly go on record as the Wettest Spring Ever here in the Mid-Atlantic States. I think since late April, we've been having at least 5 days of rain a week. I know that there's been only one day dry enough per week to try and mow the lawn. It's a real pain in the ass having to spend the only nice day of the week working on the yard. And it takes longer to mow, because the grass is still damp. You have to stop frequently to scrape off the bottom of the mower.

The funniest part of it is, last Summer we were under Drought restrictions, and the same folk complaining about all this rain now were praying for it a year ago. Be careful what you wish for, indeed.

My Sister-In-Law has mentioned feelings of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) due to the lack of Bright Sunny days.

I know these gloomy mornings have made it difficult for me to get out of bed before 9:30 on many days. Of course, part of that can be attributed to my habit of staying up drawing or surfing the internet until 2:00 a.m.

I really want to try a McGriddle sandwich, but until I'm showered and dressed, Mc Donald's has stopped serving breakfast for the day.

Now the forecasters are predicting rain well into Sunday for the region, including New York City. I worry that means that MoCCA won't be swarming with cute women in skimpy tops like it was last year. I will hold to the hope that the rain won't deter them, and in fact the show will be teeming with cute women in WET skimpy tops this year.

Now to check for the mail, and try to get something done today.

No comments: