Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Evil Dr. Palindrome!


Don't believe what they tell you about those late fees. Posted by Hello

Well I finally got a new scanner, so I can start posting my new cartoons whenever I get Off my ass and draw one. The new scanner is different from the HP I had before, so it may take me some time to learn all the intricacies of the new software. ( such as getting the thing to not scan in my blue pencil!)

As I post this cartoon that I drew last week, all the stations are warning us that Blockbuster has a whole mess of hidden charges waiting for you if you bring back a video late. I knew there would be a catch. I hope they scrap the program altogether, and go back to the one-week rentals with late fees. It's hard enough to find a copy of a lesser-known or independent film in stock at the video store. All I can foresee is more difficulty finding an available copy of the movies that I like to watch - the ones that I'm lucky if Blockbuster stocks one or two copies of.
It's hard enough to find one of those at the store, it can only get tougher if lazy customers don't have a deadline to bring it back.

Blockbuster doesn't need to change its old system. People just need to learn that you don't rent a movie unless you know you're going to have time to watch it before it's due back.

No comments: