Saturday, October 20, 2007

Guess who took some life-drawing classes?

...and now I am the zen-master of drawing nekkid peoples.



I decided to break out my sketchbook from last year, and share some.


you youngsters, cover your eyes, and you folks reading at work better cover your screens, too
.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



this is Katherine, who posed for us at the Missoula Art Museum one cold evening last November. this one is the tamer of the two I've selected of her, just incase everybody hadn't covered their eyes yet.


At this museum, they start with a series of short poses (5 or 10 minutes) for the first hour, then after a break, they do an hour of longer poses (15 mins or more). I like those better, because I had time to go over my pencils in ink before the model reset.
.
.
.



Here's Katherine again. sorry, I realized that I was running out of page before I could fit her right foot in. I hope I haven't permanently lost the right-foot-fetishist audience.






















This one was from the first session I attended in Missoula, we had a male model that night. I noticed that the other folks around me were a bit shy about drawing his "equipment", and for whatever reason, they were leaving that area of their pads blank.


I figured, what the hell?


The next pose, he positioned himself so that he was practically spread-eagled facing me in the circle. I decided to force the perspective.


I call it "Thinking with my Little Head"


No comments: